The Friends of the Kimberley Forest will be hosting a Trail Maintenance meeting for interested volunteers and committee members on Saturday, May 11, 2019. We will be spending some time in the forest assessing trail conditions and degradation, and evaluating sections of trail for future maintenance projects.
Inaugural Trails Committee Meeting – Saturday, May 11, 2019
Meeting – Kimberley Hall, Kimberley
9:00 – 10:00 am
- Introduction of volunteers
- Background of the Friends of the Kimberley Forest Committee
- Long term plans and partners
- Review of the 2019 Seasonal Map
- Review of 2019 trail plans and projects
- Objective of today’s trail review
On-Site Inspection – Kimberley Forest
10:00 am – 12:30 pm (approx.)
- Shuttle bus to the top trail heads with other members of the FKF Committee
- Guided walk and review of the trail network
- Meet shuttle at gate at CR31 for return to Kimberley Hall parking lot (approx. 12:30 pm)
Recommend: waterproof footwear, gloves, water, mobile phone/camera, appropriate weather related clothing
If you’re interested in attending, please contact us so we can anticipate attendance numbers.
All new volunteers welcome. Come and see how you can help develop and improve our trail network!